A PATH TO SELF-SUFFICIENCY
With generous support from the community, together we will build and operate the new St. Katharine Drexel Shelter to provide a safe and structured transitional living environment for singles and families experiencing homelessness.
Once in our stable environment, they will have access to programs and support that offer short-term crisis intervention and long-term goal planning with the ultimate goal of self-sufficiency.
Why it matters
- Shelter provides singles and families a stable environment where they
can fully access services toward self-sufficiency and a permanent home
- Housing First approach will coordinate agencies to more quickly and
effectively support those near or experiencing homelessness
- Children are able to stay in their own community and school
- Clients receive ongoing case management and stabilization services
for long-term success
- Children without a safe and stable home are more at risk for costly
community and personal consequences like juvenile corrections, school
disruption, family stability, and long-term health issues
- Ending chronic homelessness saves taxpayers money, an average
You Can Make This Project A Reality
We look to the community to provide funding for the construction and furnishing of the shelter, programming and ongoing support. The St. Katharine Drexel Shelter Capital Campaign seeks $5.5 MILLION needed to complete the project.
We are optimistic the community will step up to help our most vulnerable neighbors.