Support Advocate at Homeless Shelter for families & singles
APPLY NOW FOR ALL OPEN POSITIONS!
Direct Client Services
- Adhere to agency policies and work rule including client confidentiality and reporting. Maintain professional boundaries with all clients. Adhere to organization code of ethics.
- Works with clients by phone and in-person meetings.
- Provides information and advocacy services and support to homeless individuals, primarily men.
- Provide crisis line and shelter coverage. Provide immediate crisis needs of clients. Manage incoming calls and walk-ins and complete necessary documentation.
- Provides information and referrals for community resources.
- Assists clients with identifying options and problem-solving.
- Provide support and positive role modeling to assist with managing group dynamics of residents. Addresses any communal living concerns with residents and maintains documentation of the discussions, if needed.
- In conjunction with the Case Manager, take appropriate steps to deal with emergency situations with the goal of maintaining the safety of all residents.
- Interacts sensitively with shelter populations and handles crisis appropriately.
- Models and actively promote positive interactions between adults in shelter.
- Understands and utilizes principles of trauma informed care and the empowerment philosophy of advocacy.
- Assist with shelter intakes, orientations and discharge of shelter residents. Complete exit surveys for residents moving out of shelter.
Safety and Security Operations
- Oversee house security and safety procedures.
- Facilitate problem solving for shelter conflicts and crises. Encourage and model appropriate shelter interactions.
- Keep supervisor informed of high-risk situation in work with clients.
- Ensure proper use of security system and camera system.
- Ensure safety of clients and property through active shelter interactions and walk-throughs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete all required service documentation in a thorough and timely manner.
- Participate in organization grant and contract reporting as directed by supervisor.
- Assist with the daily upkeep, cleanliness and maintenance of the shelter, including chores, as assigned.
- Pack client belongings as needed; cleans/sanitizes rooms after clients exit; prepares room for next client.
- Assist with stocking, portioning and distributing food and other supplies meant for client use.
- Assist with shelter organization and donation processing.
- Consult with supervisor in weekly meeting about client concerns, workload management, professional development, and other areas.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Attending trainings and continuing education activities as assigned.
- Active participation in program meetings about client needs, scheduling, and other team issues.
- Attending other organization staff meetings as required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is primarily performed in a secured residential facility setting with communal areas, as well as in an office setting.
- Work requires ability to ascend or descend stairs, as well as the agility to move about and position self efficiently to perform physical tasks and address emergency situations.
- Position requires the ability to monitor and observe the activities of clients, and children of clients, within the facility.
- Regularly exposed to cleaning products, chemicals and solvents. Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Routinely requires the ability to move or transport supplies or equipment weighing up to 20 pounds unassisted, while ascending or descending stairs.
Job Type: Full or Part-time All shifts
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 an hour
• Human Services: 1 year (Preferred but not required)
How to Apply
Email: Amy Loof a copy of your cover letter and resume at [email protected]
View job posting on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jobs/job-opening/527020491692768/
We thank the community for their support